Sunday, April 27, 2008

FOOD: Shane's Rib Shack @The Avenue Viera (Take 2)

Okay, I honestly felt kinda bad after I wrote my first review of Shane's Rib Shack at the nearby Avenue. It was a bit harsh -- it really is easier to write a scathing review -- but that doesn't change the fact that I was highly disappointed that first time.

Anyways, I still had the second coupon (for $5 any purchase), so I went back to give them another try.

The same restaurant pic:


This time I ordered the 6-piece chicken tenders (mild, and with honey mustard sauce on the side) and that's it. Not that it should matter, but the cashier was a guy, and he was (for lack of a better word) pleasing to interact with -- nothing super-woo, but he didn't make me feel uncomfortable. Anyways, I had placed the order to-go and didn't have to wait long.

When I got home, I opened up the box to find six very healthy-sized chicken tenders:


They were more like chicken breast halves... very meaty and not-so-much of a crispy variety (because of the sauce). I could easily see them paired up or even individually between slices of Texas toast, but my house was toast-less and I just ate them as is.

They were pretty good -- I wouldn't really want to compare them to Zaxby's or Chic-fil-a -- I'll just report that they were well-cooked (not dry) and that the saucing was better than my experience with their "Big Daddy". These chicken tenders were a good value and that I'd order them again.

0 comment(s):