Saturday, April 19, 2008

MOVIE: The Forbidden Kingdom


This afternoon, I went with my friend Chuck to go see The Forbidden Kingdom. It really take long for us to know that this movie was bad. The movie has a cheesy premise of a dorky white boy Kung Fu fanatic who enters a mythical Asian world when after he has a run in with a stereotypical gang of South Bronx roughneck bullies who robs a pawnshop owned by an old Asian "chink" (yeah, the derogatory language just drove home the point) and things go wrong it always does.

Chuck and I wanted to walk out after the title credits but we were too lazy. Chuck was alright after Jackie Chan showed up, and I was entertained by the fight choreography, but gosh darn it, the dialogue and story wreaked. It was like Boy Meets World meets Balls of Fury. We found ourselves rolling our eyes and laughing at how embarrassingly cheesy the movie was. I'm not sure if it even qualifies as being camp.

Anyways, I don't think that I would've seen the movie if it hadn't been opening weekend or if I went to go see it by myself. And I have no idea how it earned 62% at rottentomatoes.

Helooks like the old lady from Crouching Tiger

0 comment(s):