Friday, May 23, 2008

MOVIE: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull


I'm just going to spoil something for you all: Indiana Jones and his family survive (Well, duh.).

It's this type of "We-Know-Already" that marks a pronounced dumbing-down of action-adventure movie for a today's complacent audience.

I mean, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull provides a travel-through feeling and all... but when him and his crew survived their third massive waterfall drop, the jump-the-shark feeling was undeniable.

Because of these two things, and a somewhat lack-luster climax, when the end credits appeared, my friend Chuck and I turned to each other and were thinking: "National Treasure 3". Seriously.

Though in this movie, you'd expect more killing -- that gun-fire from a few feet away would produce more results. Granted, this is a "family" film (despite a couple of profanities) -- but the soldiers might as well've been holding sparklers. This movie's going to make a lot its first couple weekends, but I'm not seeing the repeat value in this, and I'm feeling a little nostalgic for PotC3.

Anyways, the IJatKotCS didn't totally suck. I just had wished more from it.

of course, Cate Blanchett was really good

0 comment(s):