Saturday, May 03, 2008

RUN: 4.53 miles @34:12, Beta Cswy Fun Run, Melbourne, FL

[Map above, click HERE for Satellite and HERE for gmap]

I actually woke up!

A group of people from the office meets down at Front Street to run the Melbourne Causeway on Saturday mornings at 8:30am. And this was the first time I was able to make it.

I'm surprised by the impressive numbers -- about a dozen people. And we ran over the causeway and back. Like with Wednesday night and the other causeway, I put in some extra credit -- I ran from Front Street all the way to A1A.

I was not feeling my strongest, but it was early, I had rough sleep, and I was hungry and dehydrated, but excuses aside, it was a fine run. I ran with running tights because my last pair of clean running shorts needed them. I also ran with long-sleeve cotton (which I later took off), a bandanna headband (which I later took off), my prescription shades, and no music.

Afterwards, I took my sweaty jumping pics:


Before we all started the run, Kathy told us that she was uncomfortable with people running without shirts, so when we finished our run were all sure to have our shirts off as she came in. ha!


Anyways, we took a group pic (and even tried for a jumping pic):


And soon there afterwards, it started to rain.


But by the time I got onto 192, the rain had stopped, but it was refreshing while it lasted.

0 comment(s):