Saturday, October 04, 2008

RUN: 4.68 miles @~38:30, Front St<-->A1A, Downtown Melbourne, FL

[Let's go green with a hybrid]

I woke up. And who knew that they'd actually start on time. I was 5 minutes late getting to Front St. and saw no one, so I just took off. At the mile-and-a-half mark, I saw the first person on his way back (Thomas!). Well, the run was fine. I had to walk a few times, but I wasn't totally hurting. I felt the spot on my left foot act up a bit (enlarged 2nd metatarsal (that's hot)), but running actually helped ease up the major tenseness in the back-right part of my neck, which started acting up again last night and lasted past wake-up.

Dah. I've been having headaches and pains on the top-right part of my head and front and back-right portions of my neck (strain?) for a full couple weeks now. Meds don't seem to help and extra rest doesn't always do the trick. I'm thinking that it's bad posture in front of the computer or undiagnosed undue stress of some sort. *shrug*.

Anyways, I'm glad to have gone this morning. It was nice to see some people from work in a non-work setting. Plus Larry brought some donuts and coffee (WOO!). I also made a couple stops and picked up the new Jennifer Hudson CD (which on first listen is... okay. I was hoping that the remix-version of Spotlight was included, but it wasn't). In a few minutes I have to head back out for the Area 22 Toastmasters Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest then I have the rest of the day off.

Alright, let me post a few pics from this morning so I can get ready. Enjoy!:


And on a side note... the Henegar Center should probably invest in a plastic cover/guard for their sign, and I don't think that I'm not alone in this:


(yeah... I'm not posting what's on the other side)

0 comment(s):