Saturday, November 22, 2008

EVENT: SCM Race Packet Stuffing



This morning after the run, I drove over to Running Zone to help with the Space Coast Marathon race packet stuffing. The stuffing was staged at the old store space.

Also in the room were props for some of this year's themed water stations...


(as if the pictures needs any more explanation)

The same event took well into the afternoon last year. This year, we got done by 11am. The sharp increase in productivity came from managing the finisher's medals and towels the night before and from putting the race number, timing chip, dining ticket, and final instructions in a separately-sealed envelope. Also, the outpour of support from the local running community in volunteering expedited the process.

we clean up quickly

(did you notice the wookie guarding the door? anyways...)

The pizza place wasn't even open yet to order pizza for the crew, so we just did with tasty bagels (I had a couple of whole grainers).

FOOD PIC!


I'm a little sad that I'll be missing the race this year -- the race gets bigger and better each year -- but I'm glad to have had the opportunity to help today. I hope other people take lots of pictures and post them. I want a good report! :)

this year's finisher's medals (they look nice!)

finisher's towel; and this isn't even half of it!

don't forget to SIGN UP

0 comment(s):