Monday, June 22, 2009

JOURNAL: I'm going to make you click more!

Tonight I modified my blog's template to allow for "expandable posts" (a.k.a "jumps"). These are the things where you can have a short summary of the post, and then have a link like "Click to continue reading..." for those who want to read/see more.

In addition to upping my hit-count, this will also slim down the main page so that it'd be easier to scan through recent posts. I've felt guilty after posting photo-intensive trip reports. Well, now I can sleep easier.

Though this update to the template affects all posts. So the link at the end of all the past posts... they're only false promises of more (sorry). I may go back and try to retro-fit some of my more popular posts, but anyways, let's all practice this "expanded post" deal.

Here's a joke (and it's a fart joke... classy, I know):

Doctor: "What seems to be the problem?"

Patient: "Doc, I've got the farts. I mean I fart all the time."

The Doctor nods, "Hmm..."

Patient: "My farts do not stink and you can't hear them. It's just that I fart all the time. Look, we've been talking here for about 10 minutes and I've farted five times. You didn't hear them and you don't smell them, do you?"

Doctor: "Hmm..."

He picks up his pad and writes out a prescription.

The patient is thrilled "Great doc. This prescription, will it really clear up my farts?"

"No," sighs the Doctor, "The prescription is to clear your sinuses. Next week I want you back here for a hearing test."

Anyways, we'll see how this expanded post thing goes. Leave a comment and let me know if you like this, don't like this, or can make this better. Thanks! :)

0 comment(s):