Tuesday, June 01, 2010

FOOD: Chick-fil-a's Spicy Chicken Sandwich

This week (from May 31st through June 5th), Chick-fil-A is having a preview of their new Spicy Chicken Sandwich. People were able to sign-up and schedule a time to pick up a free sandwich via their Facebook page (all spots have been filled).
The day the promotion was posted on FB, I signed up. My scheduled time was 5pm-7pm today, May 31st. A co-worker had invited me to a Memorial Day BBQ, but I didn't know this when I had signed up a couple weeks ago. I decided to stop by Chick-fil-A before heading to the party (I know, not good etiquette, but we're talking about free food).
...
Anyways, the Chick-fil-A had "flame" decals on its windows, and it kinda looked like the building was on fire! I totally appreciated the theming.

Inside, although there were a lot of regular customers (though not so represented in photo below), there was an order line especially for patrons with their printed-out Spicy Chicken Sandwich vouchers.


I just ordered the sandwich and asked for it to go.

While waiting, I noticed that off to the side, there were three tables -- each with a red tablecloth -- that were reserved for those with Spicy Chicken Sandwiches (great touch!).


Then I realized what I was wearing... my red steak shirt... with the words "Make Mine Well Done" on the back (oh, the cruel irony).


Anyways, when my order was ready, I quickly took it and headed to the car. Inside the bag, I found my sandwich and a special card/envelope -- which I saved to open for later.

(note: envelope was inside bag but not in the actual food container)

Chick-fil-A's Spicy Chicken Sandwich was not quite what I expected. It was more of a buffalo chicken sandwich than Burger King/Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich. Also, the texture of the chicken was somewhere between their Original and Grilled varieties.

My overall impressions of this new offering was... inconclusive. I mean,I'm a big fan of the Original Chick-fil-A Sandwich, and also I usually shy away from foods with a "Spicy Flavor Inferno". Still, I'm open to something new twice.

And a good thing too...

When I got home, I pulled out the little orange envelope that came with my order, and inside found card thanking me for "taking the heat" plus a coupon for another Spicy Chicken Sandwich for after when it's available to the public.


How awesome was that?! Overall, from start-to-now, this was such a great promotion, and I'm ever-more proud to have a Chick-fil-A so close to home! Thank you, Chick-fil-A!
-----
The Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich will be available to the public on Monday, June 7th.

0 comment(s):